1kg kingfish or any firm fish fillets cut into chunks
3 bay leaves
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
2 red peppers (capsicum) deseeded and cut into chunks
5 firm tomatoes cut into wedges or 20 cherry tomatoes
2 red onions cut onto wedges
2 cups instant couscous
2 cups boiling water
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
3 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of paprika
- Put the fish chunks into a bowl with the bay leaves, lemon juice and olive oil, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning whilst cooking, or if you have metal skewers they will work perfect.
- In a bowl whisk together the yoghurt dressing ingredients and refrigerate until needed.
- Thread fish, peppers, tomatoes and onions onto skewers alternating as you go.
- Place the couscous in a bowl, add the boiling water and stir gently. Cover and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the kebabs on a hot BBQ for 10 minutes, basting with the marinade as they cook. The vegetables should be slightly charred and the fish should be opaque, when ready.
- Serve the kebabs on a bed of couscous drizzled with yoghurt dressing and a side salad. ENJOY!