1kg fresh hapuka fillets, mahi-mahi or snapper will work well too.
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 head of garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 red onion, quartered
½ yellow capsicum, cut into bite size pieces
½ red capsicum, cut into bite size pieces
1 zucchini, halved and sliced
2 cups Italian Pearl Couscous or Regular Couscous
1. Preheat oven to roast 220-230°C
2. Put the vegetables in a bowl with the olive oil and toss to coat. Place onto a tray and roast in the oven until slightly charred. Roughly 25-35 minutes.
3. In a medium pot bring 2 ½ cups water to the boil. Add couscous and simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Add a small dash of oil to stop from sticking.
4. When vegetables are done and cool enough to handle, remove the roasted garlic from its shell and gently toss everything through the couscous and season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
5. Cut fish fillets into portions, pat dry and season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Pan fry the fish for 3-4 minutes per side until it is cooked through and flakes easily when tested. Time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish.
6. Serve the pan-fried fish on a bed of couscous and ENJOY!