1 large onion, cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika
2 Tbsp tandoori paste
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes
1 ½ cups cream
1 can (400ml) coconut milk
1 cinnamon stick
500g Kingfish, cut into bite size pieces
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Handful of fresh coriander (optional)
Rice to serve
Poppadoms and Nan bread are also great accompaniments
- Heat a wok or large frying pan on high heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted add the onion and cook until softened and almost see through, approx 4-5 minutes
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for 30 seconds and aromatic
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the tandoori and tomato pastes and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, cream and cinnamon stick and cook until thickened, approx 5 minutes.
- Add the Kingfish pieces and give a gentle stir to coat and mix in all the pieces then gently stir through the sugar and lemon juice. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the fish pieces are cook through. Cooking time will vary with the fish depending on the size of your pieces.
- Serve with rice, poppadoms and Nan bread. ENJOY!
Share on Facebook »