1kg fish fillets, I used mahi-mahi. Any white firm fish will work well in this recipe
1/3 cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2 chorizo sausages, sliced and diced
1 onion, diced
1 green capsicum, diced
½ tin corn kernels
½ tin black beans rinsed and drained
2 cups couscous
1. Place the couscous in a bowl and cover with 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and stand for 15 minutes.
2. In a large frying pan cook the chorizo until slightly charred. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside. Drain the oil into a small bowl leaving about 1 tsp in the pan. Place the onion and capsicum in the pan and sauté for 5-8 minutes. Add the chorizo back into the pan along with the corn and beans. Heat through.
3. Cut fish fillets into palm size portions. 2 portions per person
4. Place a large frying pan on medium/high heat with 5g of butter and 1 tsp olive oil.
5. Put the flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pat the fish dry and roll in the flour shaking off excess.
6. Pan fry the fish for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. The fish is cooked when it flakes easily when tested.
7. Combine the chorizo mixture with the couscous, season to taste with salt and pepper and add a little of the chorizo oil if desired for extra flavor.
8. Serve the pan-fried fish on a bed of chorizo couscous with lemon wedges. ENJOY!