½ kg prawns, peeled and deveined
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp chili flakes
1 Tbsp fresh basil, torn
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 ½ cup orzo (risoni)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
3 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small cucumber, halved, seeded and diced
2 medium kumara or sweet potatoes, diced and cooked
2 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Cook the orzo (risoni) for 1 minute less than the packet instructions. Rinse,drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the garlic, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt, pepperand cayenne. Add the orzo (risoni) and stir to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the orzo (risoni) and toss to combine. Add more salt and pepper for seasoning if desired. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat ½ cup olive oil in a medium fry pan. Add the chili flakes, basil and garlic and fry for 3 minutes. Add the prawns and cook for 5-8 minutes until prawns are cooked and pink.
- Serve prawns on a bed of the orzo (risoni) salad. ENJOY!
Share on Facebook »