½ kg fresh salmon fillets
3 tsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon zest
1 packet fettuccine pasta
1 cup broccoli florets
3 spring onions, finely sliced
¼ cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
1 ½ cups arugula chopped in thirds or 1 ½ cups baby spinach
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 anchovy fillets or 1 tsp anchovy paste
1 Tbsp capers, finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with tin foil and place the salmon fillets on top. Rub the olive oil and lemon zest over the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Add the fettuccine pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Don’t over cook the pasta! Drain and set aside.
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave safe bowl with ¼ cup water and steam for 3 minutes. Don’t over cook them. Drain and set aside.
- To make the salsa: In a small bowl mash the anchovy and minced garlic together to make a paste. Whisk in the lemon juice and oil, add the capers, basil and parsley. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In the pasta pot, combine the fettuccine, spring onion, pine nuts or walnuts, broccoli and salsa, mix gently to combine. Flake in the cooked salmon and add the arugula or spinach. Mix gently and season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper. ENJOY!
Share on Facebook »