1 onion, diced
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
4 cups fish stock
150ml white wine
1 cup frozen peas
200g smoked fish – I used smoked Kingfish in this recipe
150g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
1 cup silver beet or spinach shredded
1. In a large frying pan melt the butter and sauté the onions.
2. Add the rice and cook stirring to coat in the butter and onions for 3 minutes.
3. Gradually add the fish stock ½ a cup at a time. When adding the liquid stir until all the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Stir constantly to prevent the rice sticking. Reserve 1 cup of fish stock.
4. Gradually add the wine and stir until all the liquid is almost absorbed. Test your rice, if it is too tender add more of the fish stock or if you are happy with the texture discard the remaining stock. You don’t want the rice to be too gluggie. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes
6. Add the prawns and cook for 4 minutes until they start to change color.
7. Add the smoked fish and silver beet/spinach and cook until wilted and fish is heated through.
8. Served the risotto with a slice of fresh lime and crusty bread. ENJOY!