4x fresh Tuna Steaks
2 Tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
4 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 red onions, quartered
2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and halved
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp wasabi paste
1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped or 1 tsp dried dill
1 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp Greek yoghurt or thick plain yoghurt
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- In a large bowl place the soy sauce, cracked pepper and tuna steaks. Turn the steaks to coat and set aside until ready to cook. Preheat your BBQ now if your grilling on a flat plate or preheat your frying pan after step 3.
- Blanch your asparagus by cooking it in boiling water for a few minutes until it’s partly cooked then run them under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl combine all your Wasabi sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl toss the onion in the oil, remove then toss the blanched asparagus in the same bowl. In a medium pan on high heat cook the onion for 3 minutes then add the asparagus and cook until the onion softens and starts to brown. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Before you cook your tuna make sure your cooking element is HOT! Sear your tuna for roughly 1 minute per side (cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your steak). The tuna should be pink in the middle.
- Place your onion and asparagus on a plate, top with a tuna steak and a drizzle of the wasabi sauce. A side of rice is a good accompaniment. ENJOY!